Monday, January 17, 2011

Snorkeling and wild monkeys!

Just got back from our snorkel trip! The only bad thing to come of it being I now have a rash that reaches from my ankle to my thigh up the back of my leg with a white mark in the middle. Google seems to think it's fire corral. Good thing Jan thought of everything for our med kit and I'm aloe-d and itch cream-ed up.
After the boat took us out to sea an hour or so and we snorkeled at a few different locations, we happened to stop by an island filled with wild monkeys on the way back! I'm not sure that I've ever experienced anything more exciting. Goodness knows how I love them wild monkeys.
Tomorrow we catch the bus back to Bangkok and then on to Hanoi, Vietnam the following morning.
Hope all is well back in the homeland!
(This country is filled with foreigners, but none of them seem to be American! As the manager of a restaurant we ate at said, "We don't see Americans so much lately, I thought you must be from Ukraine or somewhere. Things don't go so well there with the jobs? Do you know Obama? Does he live nearby? Why you don't you go to him and talk with him about it? You even shake his hand? No? He must be busy. Our prime minister sometimes is busy too. Hm.")

No comments:

Post a Comment